Last weekend was our ADPi pledge bash! The theme was “80’s Prom”!
My lovely Diamond Family…
My Bow-Tie-Wearing Date
Last week in biology, we studied subphylum myriapoda, which includes centipedes and millipedes. Dr. Bakkegard brought in a couple of millipedes for us to observe after the lecture. One of the millipedes looked just like this…
She holds it in her palm and explains their defensive mechanism. Millipedes, when threatened, exude a repulsive-smelling chemical that wards off potential predators.
She pokes the millipede repeatedly for a solid minute. It’s holding on like a champ. Just when I think it’s going to spare us, this orange liquid seeps from the millipede and covers Dr. Bakkegard’s hand.
And then, she stuck the millipede under my nose.
It smelled like 600 dead squirrels in a kiddie pool filled with sour milk.
I made a face quite like this one…
And then probably like this…
I’m so glad we’re not studying millipedes anymore.
Fall Break begins tomorrow after class. Tomorrow. After class. And then I’m going home. For Fall Break.
I am so excited!
I can’t even remember the last time I posted on here. Whoops.
1. I was cast as Tyler in Some Girls. This show is really amazing. A contemporary play. With a crazy twist at the end. It will blow your mind.
2. I pledged Alpha Delta Pi!
Here we are on Bid Day. Lauren and I are sisters!
3. I took a crazy hard animal biology test this morning. But I think I did pretty well. There was a weird alien-creature that looked like a purple tapeworm that we were supposed to identify. I probably missed that one. Classic.
4. In auditioning class we’re working on our auditioning packages for SETC (Southeastern Theatre Conference) in a few weeks. I’m singing a Katy Perry song.
5. I’M GOING HOME THIS WEEKEND! I AM GOING TO EAT SO MUCH FOOD.
I remember thinking to myself last semester, “Next semester will be so much easier.”
Note To Self: It’s not.
These classes really are harder. The walk to class is longer. I think the staircase in Buchanan Hall acquired a few more steps over the summer. Oh, and it’s hot.
But hey, there are some great things about this semester. Like…
We can have people over. There’s room for them to sit!
I’m going chipmunk-watching for my biology class this weekend. Are you jealous? I thought so.
I’m in an underground play…which isn’t a musical. And I get to smoke a fake, water-vapor, spearmint flavor cigarette.
It’s going to be a good year.